For anybody experiencing the daily struggle of working out, we have just the article for you. Fitness seems to be one of those things where you either love it or you don’t. Many of us know we need to work out, but don’t make time for it while others look forward to it. So to stay on track with your own fitness, we have some tips for you.
- Start. To start is the hardest part of your journey. If you can get going, you’re more than half way there. So our first tip is to simply start. If you have a gym membership, simply go to the gym. Do the absolute simplest thing you can do until you’re ready to move on. If you don’t have a membership, you might find it benefits you to do one repetition of something. Maybe you can start by going for a walk and work your way up from there also. During your simple workout, you’re more likely to push yourself because you’ve already started. One push turns into 25, one lap turns into four, the elliptical leads you to a full blown workout. If you’re struggling, focus on the start.
- Find motivation regularly. Is there an old picture of yourself that you would like to look like again? Is there a body builder or another person you want to match their physique? Is there an event your training for? Visualize it, write it down, and look at it as often as you can. Motivation can drive you to start each day.
- Have a goal accompanied with a plan. Create a S.M.A.R.T goal (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Timely). Then create a plan on how you’re going to accomplish that goal. Take advantage of the millions of resources online for help.
- Join a group. This might be a fitness class at the gym. It could be inviting your friends to become fit with you too. Surround yourself with people who will help you on your journey to reaching your fitness goals. You might even be able to help them in the process too.
- Celebrate your achievements. An achievement is something we look forward to and love. Maybe you brought down your mile time or you’ve burned more calories per hour than before. Celebrate your small and large goals. This doesn’t mean celebrate your goals irresponsibly, however. Don’t celebrate a fitness goal by eating an entire pizza pie or taking 5 days off. Celebrate in a healthy, beneficial way so you can move on to your next achievement.
Your ideal fitness goal are just ahead of you. Take the time to try some of our tips and watch how fast you reach them. Let us know how it goes!
Infinity Intuition Team